Last week, we reported on an increase of newly-built superyachts entering the market, in combination with fewer weeks of yachting vacations being sold.
In the category of yachts from 30 to 50 meters (about 100 to 165 feet), there was a 28 per cent increase in the number of yachts on the charter market in 2010. At the same time, the same market segment saw a reduction of 10.7 per cent in weekly base rates.
A decrease in the number of charter weeks sold worldwide (down 9 percent in 2010, from 2009) and increased competition due to a growing number of new yachts, means owners must look for new ways to attract potential customers.
So what is emerging as the newest marketing trend in 2012 to lure new and repeat clients?
Spa and Wellness Charters – the largest yachts in the world have accepted the challenge to compete with the world’s best land-based spas. Exercise equipment, once a novelty on yachts and relegated to a small area on deck, has given way to fully-equipped onboard fitness centers and workout rooms.
NFL Washington Redskins owner Daniel Snyder, for example, recently purchased the Amels motor yacht LADY S. Spa type upgrades on the 70 meter yacht include a heated Jacuzzi dip pool with swim jets and in-water exercise bar, Summit-brand deck furniture, a Turkish sauna, and full gym with Woodway treadmills, Techno Multi Cross training platform, a Synchro Excite, and stationary bicycle.
The recently-launched 70 meter motor yacht HIGH POWER III provides an entire deck for wellness. The existence of an true “Spa Deck” shows how unique this Italian-built yacht really is.
A sauna, steam room, and fully-equipped gym are complimented by a private outdoor area with comfortable sunbeds. Adjacent massage and beauty rooms serve as suitable options for total relaxation. Breakfast, light lunches, even barbecues can be enjoyed outside on the spa deck as well, for the outside forward area has been set up with a bar and barbecue.
Look for 2012 to be the year onboard masseuses and wellness crew members offering aromatherapy, meditation, and yoga classes becoming commonplace on many of the world’s newest yachts.
Rent private yacht – Ease your mind and body with a wellness vacation. Contact the 1-800 Yacht Charter specialists at https://www.1800yachtcharters.com/book-now-contact-us/ today.
This entry was posted in News and tagged wellness spa, wellness, steam room, Top trends, wellness vacations, statistics, marketing trends, High Power III, spa deck, aromatherapy, NFL, Washington Redskins, Daniel SnyderPosted on
Valentine’s Day – that yearly opportunity to profess our love to that special someone in our lives. For many of us, we turn to traditional gifts like chocolate, flowers, or a romantic dinner to express our affection.
Ah, but the super-rich are different. Even gifts of jewelry pale in comparison to the grandiose gestures some HNWI’s (high net-worth individuals) bestow on their significant others and loved ones.
Yep, when it comes to over-the-top, what says “je t’aime mon tresor” more than a gift of a private superyacht???
Of course, the ultimate enhancement to the ultimate gift – naming your yacht to honor the one you love…
In celebration of Valentine’s Day 2016, we share our favorite 5 private yacht charter vessels with names inspired by love. Some names are whimsical and cute, others haughty. Our favorite name, # 1, is simple and oh-so-perfect — boasting the two most famous words uttered by almost every man who understands (and appreciates) who’s really the boss!
5. 4YOU – Imagine the surprise when this owner turned to his wife and handed her the keys to a 180 foot megayacht, aptly named, 4YOU. Launched in 2012, this spectacular yacht from the Amels Limited Edition 180 series was designed by Tim Heywood, and features a stunning modern-chic interior by Laura Sessa Romboli. Up to 12 guests can enjoy a Greek yacht charter vacation, from €280,000 per week
4. DREAM PRINCESS – Sure, lots of guys call their lady a, “Princess.” But a DREAM PRINCESS? That’s ramping it up another notch. A popular yacht for special events (e.g. Monaco Grand Prix yacht charter, MIPIM yacht charter, etc.), this Princess 64 motor yacht is a vessel with a real sense of occasion. She offers exceptional performance and boasts a sleek, sporty profile hiding a spacious three-cabin charter layout. Her interior is light, with elegant details. Rates from €18,000 per week
3. HONEY BEAR – Every once in a while, we find a yacht named by a woman for the man in her life. The 28 meter Sunseeker 90 yacht HONEY BEAR is a fast, fun yacht for sophisticated yet informal Monaco yacht charter holidays. Her modern yet warm interior offers plenty of space for relaxation, and her open deck areas are perfect for enjoying the sunshine. She provides accommodations for 8 guests in 4 staterooms and is priced from €45,000 per week
2. LADY BRIT – there are lots of “Ladies” in the charter fleet, Lady Sheila, Lady Victoria, and more. Still, one stands out for her simple, elegant name – the epitome of European class: LADY BRIT. Surprisingly, the yacht was not named for the owner’s wife, but rather, in honor of his mother. The 207 foot Feadship yacht LADY BRIT offers the ideal platform for a resort-style St Barts Yacht Charter in the Caribbean, as she features a wellness spa, gymnasium with panoramic views, outdoor cinema, and an authentic Finnish sauna with private access to the water. Weekly rates start at $445,000 per week
1. YES DEAR – what man hasn’t uttered those two words to his special someone??? A Voyage 580 Virgin Islands catamaran charter vessel, sail yacht YES DEAR is 58 feet long and 31 feet wide – the perfect design for maximum comfort and stability. She features 5 cabins for up to 10 guests, and her weekly rates start at $24,000. Funny side note – her dinghy is named, “No Dear.”
This entry was posted in Good Times Special Events and tagged 1-800 Yacht Charters, yacht charter, yacht charter Caribbean, Amels, Monaco yacht charter, Monaco Grand Prix, yacht charter Greece, caribbean yacht charter, superyachts, Yes Dear, Honey Bear, Lady Brit, Lady Sheila, Lady Victoria, Dream Princess, 4You, Valentine's Day, HNWI, St. Barts yacht charter, No Dear, Greek yacht charter, yachts named for wives, yachts named for love, wellness spaPosted on